RALEIGH, N.C. --- Debbie Yow has agreed to a five-year contract with N.C. State to become the school's athletic director, leaving Maryland after 16 seasons.
Yow, who will be introduced during a 2 p.m. press conference at Carter-Finley Stadium, will make $350,000 annually. She will also receive $100,000 in supplemental income.
She was guaranteed more than $350,000 at Maryland as part of a contract signed in January 2007. It was to expire in 2013.
Among the other perks:
* $50,000 for every year football wins an ACC title and $100,000 if N.C. State wins a football national title. Yow will receive $25,000 if football finishes in second, third or fourth in the ACC and $15,000 if the Wolfpack is fifth or sixth. The bonuses are not cumulative.
* Identical non-cumulative bonuses for men's and women's basketball: $25,000 for an ACC regular season title, $10,000 for an ACC tournament title, $20,000 for an NCAA tournament appearance in years one through three of the deal and $15,000 in years four and five; $25,000 for a Final Four appearance; and $50,000 for a national title.
* One of the following: $5,000 per team that wins an ACC regular season title, $2,500 for each team that reaches postseason NCAA competition; or $10,000 per team that wins an NCAA title.
* $1,000 for each team in "the upper 50 percent of the ACC Academic Progress Rate public university rankings."
* In the first two years of the contract, $25,000 when the student-athlete graduation rate meets or exceeds the undergraduate population. In the next three years, it is also necessary for the grad rate to be in the top 50 percent of the ACC's public schools to qualify for the bonus.
* $20,000 for a top-50 finish in the Directors Cup in the first three years; $15,000 for a top-50 finish or $25,000 for a top-25 finish in years four or five.
* Up to six months of temporary housing expenses --- up to $12,000 total.
* An annual car allowance of $7,500 (she got $10,800 at Maryland).
* A country club membership