The less said the better about the bubble with just 27 days until the NCAA's 68-team field is announced.
One team is going to provide a bit of a headache going forward, and that's Florida State. Now down Chris Singleton (broken foot), it will be difficult to figure out just how much his loss will impact the Seminoles' seeding (or, potentially, selection).
There isn't much of an influence in this projection, if only because it's tough to tell how Florida State will be without him. The Seminoles won at home against Virginia on Saturday with Singleton out more than half of the game, but that isn't exactly a great sample. So for now, the Seminoles have an extra variable to consider.
Two other things: Kentucky and Vanderbilt have been flipped to avoid a potential Vanderbilt-Marquette rematch in the round of 64, and Illinois and Xavier have been flipped to avoid a Xavier-Cincinnati matchup. Observation: This exercise would be substantially easier with just one or two fewer Big East teams to keep track of.
This week's projected field is after the jump.
(1) Kansas vs. (16) MEAC/Hampton-SOUTHLAND/McNeese State
(8) WEST COAST/Saint Mary's vs. (9) Florida State
(4) Villanova vs. (13) IVY/Princeton
(5) PAC-10/Arizona vs. (12) Colorado State
(3) Wisconsin vs. (14) MID-AMERICAN/Kent State
(6) St. John's vs. (11) Virginia Tech
(2) Georgetown vs. (15) METRO ATLANTIC/Fairfield
(7) Tennessee vs. (10) WESTERN ATHLETIC/Utah State
(1) BIG TEN/Ohio State vs. (16) SWAC/Jackson State-OHIO VALLEY/Murray State
(8) Temple vs. (9) COLONIAL/George Mason
(4) Louisville vs. (13) HORIZON/Valparaiso
(5) Texas A&M vs. (12) CONFERENCE USA/Texas-El Paso
(3) Connecticut vs. (14) AMERICA EAST/Vermont
(6) Vanderbilt vs. (11) MISSOURI VALLEY/Missouri State
(2) MOUNTAIN WEST/Brigham Young vs. (15) PATRIOT/Bucknell
(7) Missouri vs. (10) Boston College
(1) BIG EAST/Pittsburgh vs. (16) NORTHEAST/Long Island
(8) UCLA vs. (9) Old Dominion
(4) Purdue vs. (13) ATLANTIC SUN/Belmont
(5) Kentucky vs. (12) Colorado/Marquette
(3) San Diego State vs. (14) SUMMIT/Oakland
(6) West Virginia vs. (11) Oklahoma State
(2) ACC/Duke vs. (15) BIG SKY/Montana
(7) Georgia vs. (10) MIchigan State
(1) BIG 12/Texas vs. (16) SUN BELT/Florida Atlantic
(8) Washington vs. (9) Minnesota
(4) North Carolina vs. (13) BIG SOUTH/Coastal Carolina
(5) Syracuse vs. (12) Memphis/Richmond
(3) SEC/Florida vs. (14) SOUTHERN/College of Charleston
(6) Illinois vs. (11) Cincinnati
(2) Notre Dame vs. (15) BIG WEST/Long Beach
(7) ATLANTIC 10/Xavier vs. (10) UNLV
Last four in: Colorado, Memphis, Richmond, Marquette
Last four out: Baylor, VCU, Kansas State, Alabama
Next four out: Wichita State, Mississippi, Cleveland State, Clemson
Conference call: Big East (11), Big Ten (6), Big 12 (6), ACC (5), SEC (5), Mountain West (4), Atlantic 10 (3), Pac-10 (3), Colonial (2), Conference USA (2)