Not being particularly accomplished or talented clearly isn't an impediment to success.
Anyone whose ears survived the first half of the Super Bowl halftime show is well aware of that, if they were not already.
It's unfair to apply the untalented label on the teams filling in the final at-large spots in this NCAA tournament projection. Unaccomplished? That's not unreasonable at all.
This weekly task isn't getting any easier. In the absence of teams actually making a decent push or a plethora of surprise conference tournament winners, it could remain this way straight through Selection Sunday.
That's not a fun thought. So instead of dwelling on it, how about a 68-team field instead.
That comes after the jump.
(1) BIG TEN/Ohio State vs. (16) MEAC/Hampton-SOUTHLAND/McNeese State
(8) UCLA vs. (9) WESTERN ATHLETIC/Utah State
(4) Kentucky vs. (13) SOUTHERN/College of Charleston
(5) West Virginia vs. Kansas State/Richmond
(3) Georgetown vs. (14) MID-AMERICAN/Kent State
(6) Missouri vs. (11) MISSOURI VALLEY/Wichita State
(2) MOUNTAIN WEST/Brigham Young vs. (15) SUN BELT/Florida Atlantic
(7) Georgia vs. (10) Boston College
(1) Kansas vs. (16) BIG SKY/Northern Colorado-SWAC/Texas Southern
(8) Cincinnati vs. (9) Illinois
(4) Louisville vs. (13) ATLANTIC SUN/Belmont
(5) North Carolina vs. (12) CONFERENCE USA/Texas-El Paso
(3) San Diego State vs. (14) SOUTHEASTERN/Alabama
(6) Minnesota vs. (11) Old Dominion
(2) Notre Dame vs. (15) PATRIOT/Bucknell
(7) Washington vs. (10) Oklahoma State
(1) BIG EAST/Pittsburgh vs. (16) NORTHEAST/Long Island
(8) Temple vs. (9) UNLV
(4) Purdue vs. (13) BIG SOUTH/Coastal Carolina
(5) Florida vs. (12) Marquette
(3) Villanova vs. (14) SUMMIT/Oakland
(6) Tennessee vs. (11) HORIZON/Cleveland State
(2) ACC/Duke vs. (15) METRO ATLANTIC/Fairfield
(7) Texas A&M vs. (10) COLONIAL/George Mason
(1) BIG 12/Texas vs. (16) OHIO VALLEY/Murray State
(8) St. John's vs. (9) Florida State
(4) Syracuse vs. (13) IVY/Princeton
(5) PAC-10/Arizona vs. (12) Michigan State/Mississippi
(3) Wisconsin vs. (14) AMERICA EAST/Vermont
(6) Vanderbilt vs. (11) Virginia Tech
(2) Connecticut vs. (15) BIG WEST/Long Beach
(7) ATLANTIC 10/Xavier vs. (10) WEST COAST/Saint Mary's
Last four in: Mississippi, Richmond, Kansas State, Michigan State
Last four out: Colorado State, Virginia Commnwealth, Penn State, New Mexico
Next four out: Memphis, Washington State, Baylor, Maryland
Bid by conference: Big East (11), SEC (7), ACC (6), Big Ten (6), Big 12 (6), Atlantic 10 (3), Mountain West (3), Pac-10 (3), Colonial (2)