What to look for tonight around the country among teams chasing the last 10 or so at-large spots. ...
* Baylor at Oklahoma State (7): The Bears could do a world of good for their profile by taking out the suddenly hot Cowboys in Stillwater. Don't count on it happening.
* Saint Joseph's at Dayton (7)
* Charlotte at Temple (7)
* Massachusetts at Rhode Island (7)
* Saint Louis at Fordham (8)
Those three games account for the evening's Atlantic 10 Roulette. Enjoy. All four road teams could use a victory, with all but Charlotte facing decidedly unflattering resume stains should they stumble.
* Connecticut at St. John's (7): The Huskies aren't eligible for the postseason, but they can make the Red Storm's life a bit more difficult. St. John's is coming off a loss to Georgetown, and its next two games after tonight are at Syracuse and Louisville. Yikes.
* Creighton at Indiana State (7:05): The Sycamores have only so much to gain from the rest of their regular-season schedule, which includes home games against Wichita State and Iona. Knock off Creighton, and the Trees have victories over the Valley's top two teams and Miami.
* Alabama at Auburn (8): The Crimson Tide continues its stretch of attempting to do no harm to itself as it heads to the Plains to face the Tigers and Marshall Henderson's Fan Club.
* Memphis at Southern Methodist (8): Future Big East rivals collide as the Tigers continue to nurse their minimal margin for error.
* Stanford at Arizona (9): The Cardinal bolstered their at-large hopes last week against Oregon. This would go even further for Johnny Dawkins' bunch.
* Iowa at Wisconsin (9): The Hawkeyes aren't entirely finished, but it's getting to the point where they'll need to start poaching victories in unexpected places soon. Madison would qualify as an unexpected place.
* Air Force at New Mexico (9): The Falcons have surged into the picture for an at-large berth, and a victory in Albuquerque would surely hold up as a useful achievement all the way to signing day.
* Mississippi State at Mississippi (9): Be smart, Rebels, and don't lose this one (though considering how football signing day has gone in the Grove, would anyone notice if Ole Miss stumbled?)
* Boise State at San Diego State (11): The Broncos have more to gain than the Aztecs, who are still hovering in the top half of the bracket.
--- Patrick Stevens